AGCM Style Afro Detangler


*Singing Patti Labelle's "I'm in luuuuuuuv. Finallyyyyyyy"* So I made my version of Afro Detangler. Here's what I ended up using:

* 1/2 bottle of Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle conditioner aka TJ TTT
(the other half I put in another container to use for another batch once this one is used up. So I'm getting double the original amount of conditioner. Saw-eet.)

* 1 TBSP creamed honey
* 1 TBSP aloe vera gel
* Castor oil
* EVOO
* Grape seed oil

I didn't measure the oils but I used more castor oil and EVOO. I only used a lil grape seed oil. I ended up using grape seed oil b/c I couldn't find my avocado oil (after the fact I realized it was hiding in the shower. Doh!).

Once I added everything, I "shake, shake, shaked! Shake, shake,shaked! Shaked *it all up*..." LOL. Then it was all mixed up and ready to use.

I DC'd with it today after I rinsed my henna gloss out. I let it sit for a few minutes while I washed up n such.

It instantly softened my hair like you wouldn't believe. I'm sprung.

I went on to use a lil bit as a leave in, sealed with castor oil and the result was uber soft and moisturized hair. So this will be my staple detangler-DC-Leave in conditioner mix.

Comments